Covid-19Information and Resources
The following is a list of health, WH&S, financial support and other information resources from the Australian, Queensland and NSW governments relating to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Subtropical Dairy will endeavor to keep you updated with current information as it comes to hand.
Please feel free to share any relevant information or resources with Subtropical Dairy using the contact information below and we will circulate this through our networks.
1. Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert – Australian Government – Department of Health
The World Health Organization has announced that COVID-19 is a pandemic. Find out how we are monitoring and responding to the outbreak, how you can help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Australia, and what to do if you have symptoms. We also report the latest official medical advice and case numbers.
2. Information for employers – Australian Government – Department of Health. Download here
3. Economic Response to the Coronavirus
The Australian Government has announced an economic response totalling $17.6 billion across the forward estimates to protect the economy by maintaining confidence, supporting investment and keeping people in jobs. Additional household income and business support will flow through to strengthen the wider economy. https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus
4. Farm biosecurity – Developing a biosecurity plan
1. WorkCover Queensland – Frequently asked questions
2. Immediate Industry Recovery Package
A $27.25 million package has been announced to provide immediate assistance to help Queensland manage the impacts of the COVID-19 (coronavirus).
3. New loan facility
A new $500 million loan facility, interest free for the first 12 months, to support businesses to keep Queenslanders in work and extend the coronavirus payroll tax deferral to all businesses across the state.
New South Wales Government
1. Department of Health – COVID-19 (Coronavirus) FAQs.
2. NSW Small Business Commissioner – COVID-19 (Coronavirus): information for small business owners
The COVID-19 outbreak is impacting businesses globally in many ways including reduced trade, temporary business closures, staffing issues, and supply chain interruptions. The following information will provide you with tips and resources to help you manage your small business during the crisis and into the recovery phase. We will continue to update the information on this page regularly.
The NSW Government has announced a state economic stimulus package. This includes:
- $450 million for the waiver of payroll tax for businesses with payrolls of up to $10 million for three months (the rest of 2019-20). This means these businesses will save a quarter of their annual payroll tax bill in 2019-20.
- $56 million to bring forward the next round of payroll tax cuts by raising the threshold limit to $1 million in 2020-21
- $80 million to waive a range of fees and charges for small businesses including bars, cafes, restaurants and tradies (note that details are currently being finalised and will be published on the NSW Fair Trading, SafeWork NSW, Liquor & Gaming NSW and Service NSW websites). https://www.smallbusiness.nsw.gov.au/get-help/covid-19-coronavirus-information-small-business-owners
For more information, visit www.health.qld.gov.au/coronavirus
Get in touch with one of the Subtropical Dairy Team for more information